Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chicken Coop!

We have a chicken coop!
I did not know this. Hubs discovered it yesterday, lol. We're on a couple of acres and I haven't really been outside the fenced in part. The house is a two story, walk out basement so there's a deck off the kitchen and family room. Under the deck was filled with all sorts of stuff the people before us left... mostly pool stuff- solar cover, equipment, etc. Plus deck left over wood pieces and behind it all is the chicken coop! A really nice one! Now, do I want chickens? How cool would that be?! Little chicks running around the yard with the dog and cats, lol. Free range eggs though. :) Oh, it would be a bad idea for sure but I am enjoying the thought of it all.

4 Comments:

At 6/19/2010 6:24 PM , Blogger Barbara Schieving said...

Chicks would be fun. Then eggs all summer long and then chicken soup in the late fall. Oh wait a minute - I forgot the vegetarian part.

 
At 6/19/2010 9:17 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

Yeah, I'm liking the idea of chicks running around and all but there would be no chicken soup! LOL! For anyone! :)

 
At 6/20/2010 7:32 AM , Blogger Kai said...

EEEEEEKS! I love the idea of lil' chickies! But no, no, no to the SOUP. Unless, of course, it's VEGGY soup & the chickies are invited to come in & EAT the soup. LOL! I adore baby chicks. My grandmother raised chickens & when I got to visit her, she would have me collect eggs. She had a mean old Rhode Island Red who loved to attack my heels. But I still liked all the chickens. So I think if you were to get some STRICTLY for eggs - you'd love it! Tell your hubby Kai says HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! He's a treasure just like YOU, lil' Chirp! I love you!

 
At 7/14/2010 9:47 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I love our chickens so much that life without chickens is bland. Is the coop portable? There is nothing like fresh eggs and a good "cock-a-doodle-doo" ringing through the air makes the heart of all but the most confirmed grouches sing.

oxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home