Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kusudama Flowers


How cool are these? :)
There was a challenge from an mixed media art group I'm on and there was a list of different projects to make over the weekend. It had to be something out of your comfort zone. Paper and I don't mix well so I chose these tiny paper flowers. The larger ones are an inch long and the smaller are one-half inch. Tiny but cute!

3 Comments:

At 7/14/2010 8:21 AM , Blogger Kai said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I want to know how to DO those! I love the colors you chose because the flowers look so real! And see? You ARE good with paper! You just didn't KNOW you were! I love you!

 
At 7/14/2010 9:34 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I love your profile blurb (from one loner-type to another). I'm also a member of the group you made the flowers for...looks like you are hooked on the tiny little beauties. I made a square pincushion and still plan on making a couple other things from the selection, but I've stalled after too many late nights in a row.

oxo

 
At 7/15/2010 4:53 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

Hi Kai! Here's the link:

http://www.thepompom.com/crafts_everyday.html

It has so many fun tutorials and I know you will find lots there to do!

Judy, I saw your pincushion! What made me not do it was your comment about getting the points lined up or something. :) It was "sew" talk and that always scares me, lol. You made a beautiful pincushion!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home