Saturday, February 11, 2012

Altered Mask!



This is a plain mask I picked up from the craft store. The theme was Mardi Gras - but I went in another direction, lol. The base is bronze paint, crackle medium and black paint. The eyes are metal jewelry pieces.There's gold trim, a metal nose ring, butterfly wings on the sides, metal leaf for fun. :) The stick is removable. And....I may have got carried away - it was too much fun!

5 Comments:

At 2/11/2012 5:14 PM , Blogger Danice G said...

Cheri this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us :)

 
At 2/12/2012 6:55 AM , Blogger Kai said...

I could barely WAIT to see this mask after you mentioned it! Holy cow, it was MORE than WORTH the anticipation! The eyes seem to follow me whichever way it's turned! That in itself is BRILLIANT! But, as always, it's your attention to detail that makes the piece! The crackle is EXACTLY enough (some artists tend to get a WEEEEEEE bit carried away with it) and it lends itself perfectly to the overall look! WOW! I can't say enough about how much I love this mask! It's nothing less than YUMMY PERFECTION!

 
At 2/12/2012 9:37 AM , Blogger Mary Ann Tate said...

Your mask is awesome...love it:)

 
At 2/25/2012 6:24 AM , Blogger sue said...

this is an amazing mask

 
At 4/04/2012 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dang it! I must have missed this post. I lOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mask.

hugz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home