Weekend Stuff...rambling on and on...
Though it's just Saturday... :)
I'm just going to think out loud so read along if you like.
I have a long way to go for any kind of shopping - grocery, Costco, Sam's Club etc., so I generally do all at once. It's more than a 60 mile trip and it takes a couple of hours - if I don't look around, lol. One of my stops yesterday was to a grocery store I shop at only now and then. When I was there two weeks ago, I had an older woman approach me with a long, detailed story of why she needed money and could I help. I did and explained to my youngest that while her story was not true, since we happened to there, we helped her out anyway. The lesson at that moment was if we are in a position to help, we help. Without judgment. So, yesterday we stopped at the same store and as we were getting stuff into the van, she approached us again. It was obvious she didn't remember me from the last time and her whole story had changed to a new sorrowful tale. My daughter was with me again and we all stood by the car and had a good conversation. I didn't call her out, gave her a few more dollars and wished her well. I'm thinking I'll be seeing her again. :) Which is okay with me.
More exciting than that is the rattlesnake encounter my hiking Hubs and daughter had! Now there's one more thing to watch out for living where I do, lol. Oh! And I just found out what a red velvet wasp is...because it was in my house! It is a beautiful wasp though. :) Crunchy beetles - not so enamored with...
And, lastly, I am about finished with the first doll I received in the round robin I'm in. So YAY! to that, lol. I'll put up photos in a day or two.

3 Comments:
You are the BEST example of what my people call, 'being a human being'! I agree 100% with your decision to help without judging. There is a woman who sits non-stop on the cement ramp ledge under the freeway. We pass her every Thursday on the way to Barnes & Noble. I always ask Ray to slow down & hand her something. I have it ready 'cause I KNOW she'll be there. He gets annoyed because he said she is just lazy. But I tell him we don't KNOW that. We don't know WHY she finds herself sitting in the elements day after day, dirty face & clothes, and little bag of belongings. I know if I am on MY way to spend $$ at a BOOKSTORE, the least I can do is give HER enough $$ for lunch. I've been buying her tee shirts every time I go to Target. I fold them and tie a ribbon on them with a note that holds the $$. Last Thursday she wore the red tee shirt I'd bought her. And she smiled at me over Ray's head when he handed her the latest lil' package from me. I love you, Chirp! You are the dearest person, & your children will grow up with hearts as good as yours.
I know I already commented on this post (probably to the extent that you may BAN me - LOL!) but I need to add that knowing you makes me a better person, Cherie. I love you!
Ummm ... it's not Saturday anymore, lil' Chirp. Where ARE you? LOL! Silly/Naughty Kai LOVES you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home