Thursday, August 05, 2010

Busy, busy... :)

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it? Couple of weeks anyway. So what have I been up to? Oh, so many things! LOL!
About the only food tradition I have carried over from my childhood is sour dough pancakes. My grandfather made them every Saturday morning from a starter he kept going for as long as I could remember. I've tried to keep a starter going but the longest I've gone is a year. Frustrating! But I mixed one up a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be thriving so pancakes we will be making! I'll do bread too but the biggest joy is pancakes!
I have more wildlife to watch out my window. Lots of Fawns - so sweet. Lots of birds but mostly Hawks soaring. Must be lots of varmints in the fields. With all the deer I wonder about predators in our area. There was a cougar sighting in a neighborhood I used to live in years ago. It was a gated area close to the foothills and had a lot of deer inside it's boundaries. Now parents are concerned for their kids to be out by themselves. With all the deer here, I assume there's a possibility. In Park City we had Moose everywhere. Love them! :) A ranch down the road just added two Buffalo and they are awesome to see. There's Longhorn Steers, Llamas, Peacocks. Someone raises tiny, tiny Horses! Maybe the size of our dog. I really want one, lol. Our neighbors have Chickens. Love to listen to the Rooster. I'm going to miss the little, eccentric parts of country living when we finally move. But...that's all! :)
I am working on two dolls for a round robin. They're both about finished and I'll get around to posting some photos... The first one I was only to do the face and hair so I did, lol. It's a bit different as most my stuff is unless there's some "standard" I have to adhere to. :)The second one came with the face and hair done so I was left with the costuming, to my horror of horrors! Sewing is NOT my thing so I improvised. You'll see. Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. :)
That's probably it. See ya later!

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2010 8:02 AM , Blogger Kai said...

LOL! You poor lil' sweety! Kai was bugging you to post. But I'm glad I DID 'cause this was an AWESOME post! So much fun to read about the pancake tradition. (I wonder if a starter would spoil in Houston's hot weather?) And I closed my eyes after I read your description of the wildlife, and WISHED I live where YOU live! That gives me such peace, lil' Chirp! I think sometimes I must be semi- anti-social because I CRAVE solitude in a living situation. Ahhhhh! Your area sounds like Heaven to me! As for your new creations, I'll be EAGERLY looking for them! Finally, tho' this is your blog & I KNOW I'm writing too much, MaryBear said I should be SURE to tell you hello from her! LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home