Monday, June 25, 2012

Casablanca Arch Swap

This swap was a huge challenge! Originally, I thought I had signed up for a Gothic Arch Swap...I knew where I wanted to go with that. :) A tombstone with a crow perched on top or a building with a gargoyle.....Turns out it was a Gothic Arch swap but the theme was Casablanca :)
So off to study Casablanca. I found a photo of the front of Rick's Cafe......loved the design! That became my inspiration though my arch looks nothing like the real door.
I used a piece of red textured paper, a wooden arched window, a mirror, a wooden gate, chain and a "Casablanca" map for the back.

The paper was folded around the window that had a small mirror behind it. (my quiet shout out to the line, "Here's looking at you, kid". The wooden gates were painted a metallic  gold. I decided the cafe was closed so I added some chain around the gate and a bird nesting on the door frame.The back is simply a map printed on muslin. :) It turned into a fun swap!

1 Comments:

At 6/30/2012 6:48 AM , Blogger Kai said...

I know I already told you this, but I'll say it again: BEAUTIFUL! Your art is beyond marvelous because you have such an EYE for exactly the right detail, and for knowing when to say, "This is where I stop." You could teach a class! Or two. Or ten! I'd take them all! LOVE YOU!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home