


Been testing a pattern a friend just designed. It's meant for knitters as a portable chart holder.
The cover can be embellished much more than my button. :) It can be a showcase for a special piece of fabric art! In fact the other testers are far more detailed than my simple piece. The inside folds over to become a standing chart holder that has a pocket on one side to keep your patterns and on the other, it's magnetic to hold the pattern part you're working on the moment. The magnet strip keeps your place!
Now, I do not knit so mine is done recipe style! (Kai, you may notice the fabric pattern, lol) This mug pattern is the only fabric I have that is in any way related to food. :) I would make more of these now that I know how! Judi's instructions are very good. I know that because I don't sew and following instructions is not my strong point. :) So if I can do this it'll be a snap for anyone else. Plus, the fun part of embellishing the cover is something I just have to do!

2 Comments:
I immediately recognized Jude's awesome pattern, AND that wonderful fabric! You did a wonderful job of testing it, Chirp! It looks beautiful, colorful, and (as it SHOULD, of course) functional! Now I'll 'publish' this comment, and go look at it some more!
I think you did a fabulous job! Having someone who doesn't sew a lot and doesn't follow directions is the PERFECT person to test for me! It lets me know that I did a good job of writing since you made such a great recipe holder! Thanks ever so much!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home