Dodging Peacocks....
You may not encounter this as a possibility in your daily life but I do. :)
In the least rural parts of where I live - like on a main road heading to a grocery store - I pass by the most interesting sights.
From the moment I leave my driveway I encounter deer, raccoons, pheasants, squirrels, hawks, horses, cows, goats, sheep, buffalo and all the usual ranch/farm animals and wildlife.
Peacocks are wonderfully out of place. So is the Hare Krishna Temple with its Llamas on a hill coexisting with the old timers and ranchers.But it all works. There are many eclectic sites to see in this small area.
Usually the peacocks are free to roam and are often outside their fence. Sometimes they decide to cross the road to see what's on the "other side". :) I have been relieved to never have seen a run over peacock on the side of the road. I do have to dodge them every now and then. Peacocks like to cross the road very s l o w l y....... I'm thinking on purpose. But then how would we be able to enjoy the show and their absolute beauty if they didn't. :)

4 Comments:
HA! And you think your blog is BORING? NEVER! This post gave me the most peaceful feeling. I could SEE everything you described as clearly as if I were with you. And how I wish I really COULD see what you get to see. We pull out of the driveway here and see lots of traffic, the kid across the street having a tantrum (he does that VERY well) and stray cats & dogs. I loved this post so much! What a fine thing to read just before bedtime. Soothing!
You know - it just hit me that the title of this blog post would be an INTRIGUING title for a novel. Hmmmm ...
You are an amazing artist, and have to tell you that we have Ria birds and Emu birds down the end of my street. I would love to know where you live
Hi Kai! Sometimes I miss the traffic, kids and dogs and cats, lol. So, when will you begin your new novel, Dodging Peacocks? :)
Thanks so much Michele. I think I play with stuff more than create art, lol, but I appreciate the compliment! I'm in Utah, in the mountains. I used to be in Vegas and miss it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home