Sunday, January 23, 2011

"There Comes A Time......"

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is LIFE... Getting back up is LIVING
This saying/quote is being passed around all over, it seems, and where, it's a, rah!rah! sort of, yay me, kind of saying I take a few exceptions with it.  
Is it even possible to walk away from the drama? How about those who create it? Most of my drama is connected to those I love and whether I like that drama or not, I love them. Maybe most people associate with more people than they have family. I don't.I have a huge family! Still, there are times we all need a break from each other but not a permanent separation. (your mileage may vary) :) It's easy to love those who love you. Harder to love those that don't or make it ten times harder to, but is the answer to just stop? Sometimes. Sometimes you just hang in there because you feel it's what you need to do - for you and for them. Life is too short to be only happy. Would you even understand what being happy was if you were never sad, disappointed, angry, etc.? I get just a bit of selfish, it's all about me, vibe from this saying. Focusing on the good/positive is always, well, good, but learning from the bad is better than forgetting it. Letting it go might be a better solution, for me anyway. 
So live life! Enjoy those around you. Fall down, get back up and learn something from it! I'm not saying there aren't toxic relationships out there and it's all roses and sunshine but there's more than "I" need, "I" want and what can life provide for "me".
So, I guess this post is as self indulgent as the one I'm commenting on...but that's okay because it makes me happy, I haven't caused any drama, those that read this are those people who make me smile and it's my blog! Mine, mine mine! I can do what I want! Thank you for addressing my needs.... hahahahaha! :)

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2011 12:23 PM , Blogger Kai said...

I sooooo agree with you, lil' Chirp! If we threw away everyone who doesn't stroke us all the time or those we love but DON'T always LIKE, we'd never be WHOLE. I think our trials MAKE us whole because they make us really appreciate all that IS good. I have relatives (and even a couple of friends) I care so much about, but can take only for limited increments of time! LOL! You are a VERY wise little person, you know! Not to MENTION you are a WONDERFUL person & I LOVE YOU! (Will answer your email tonight!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home