Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mermaid Paper Doll Swap

This is a one of a kind - because I don't think I'll be making anymore, lol. I didn't have a mermaid paper doll pattern so I decided to make my own. I've done this a couple of times for cloth dolls but trying to get this one right wasn't as much fun, lol. It's on watercolor paper. The top and tail is embossed metal tape. I think I love this as much as tissue paper, lol. The hair is yarn, the charms are charms, lol, and I outlined the mermaid with a silver chain, She's about 5 inches tall.



2 Comments:

At 6/30/2013 7:08 AM , Blogger Kai said...

She's marvelous! You are beyond amazing & talented, my Chirp! I clicked on her picture to see all the details (you are a master of intricate details) and love, love, love the fish & seahorse charms! The chain used as an outline? Stroke of genius! She is beautiful, serene, facially expressive, and absolutely PERFECT! LOVE & MISS you terribly!

 
At 7/12/2013 5:52 AM , Blogger ruthanne said...

Really great mermaid. So creative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home