Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My First...and maybe only...Art Journal Page :)

It seemed less intimidating when I signed up for this swap. No theme, just stick to the size and use a stencil.....  Well, I was wrong :) Paper art eludes me. I'm not comfortable with it and have no real idea how it's done so I tend to make it my way instead of the right way. It usually turns out okay but I'm sure if I knew more about the hows and had the proper materials it would be easier and less stressful...lol.

The stencil is a castle. Kind of a kids stencil really. I decided I didn't like the gaps so I filled them with silver trim. The castle is embossed metal tape - which I love using! It has metallic paints and chains. Plus, Jester Hats! It really needed those :)
The back is an old illustration from an old book of children's stories. Both quotes are from Shel Silverstein. I'm a fan :)

6 Comments:

At 8/15/2013 6:56 AM , Blogger Kai said...

I need to ask your permission to frame this (YOUR journal page, not the original book page) so I can hang it in my house. It's SO, SO BEAUTIFUL! And happy & peaceful like my beautiful lil' Chirp! Would you mind? I love it SO MUCH! I ALSO love YOU so much!

 
At 8/15/2013 7:21 AM , Blogger Cherie said...

Lol, of course you can Kai! It was a terror to make but I like how it turned out and happy you like it too :)

 
At 8/15/2013 6:48 PM , Blogger Kai said...

I'm SO glad you replied. I called you this afternoon & left a quick message. Worried about the fires in Utah! LOVE YOU, CHIRP!!!!

 
At 8/15/2013 7:01 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

You're so sweet and I did just get your message! The fires are bad but not close to us. They are further north - but the smoke has made it down here. :( It was wonderful to hear your voice! Love you Kai!

 
At 8/16/2013 1:16 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Cherie, your way IS the right way! Your journal pages are fabulous and please don't stop making them, you have such a talent for everything you set yourself to do. And thank you for the introduction to Shel Silverstein, love the quotes!

 
At 8/18/2013 4:24 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

Thanks Deb! My way isn't always the right way, lol, but this time it worked out :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home