Friday, April 29, 2011

Pink!

I just want to say, there's some really kind people here. :)
I've been out shopping with one of my many daughters and there have been some comments directed at her that have surprised me. She just did her whole head of hair pink. Bright, brilliant, pink!.Children LOVE it! Some people try to pretend they don't really see it and are nice but what has me surprised the most is the older women. Older, as in, older than me, lol. One in particular came up and wanted to tell her that she thought my daughter was wonderful! She wished she had her spunk, she wished she had her confidence and absolutely loved her hair. Sincerely! Another asked exactly what the process was and how to do that. Her grandson has been telling her for a long time to dye her hair pink and now she just might. :)
My daughter just has pink hair. Besides that, she's an incredible person. Kind, caring, sensitive, hard working and always ready to help in any way she can. The fact that the ones that were commenting to her about her hair color choice were sensitive to her as a person and not one who should be dismissed because of how she looked made me joyful and grateful.She received unexpected positive attention and I was able to witness how good the people are around us. .

1 Comments:

At 4/30/2011 7:43 AM , Blogger Kai said...

YAY! I think your family is rockin' awesome ANYWAY because - of the couple with whom I've sorta interacted - Syd & your sweet hubby - I can SEE how wonderful they are! And I KNOW how special YOU are! So whichever daughter has the pink hair TOTALLY rocks! Pink is one of my two favorite colors! Hmmm ... if I weren't too lazy & was willing to deal with touching up roots, I'd wait till my hair finishes growing back in & do MINE pink! Pink curls ... VERY tempting! Wish I could see your daughter's! I KNOW she's BEAUTIFUL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home