Sunday, May 22, 2011

Damselfly in the making

I'm in a swap and we are using Cindee Moyer's pattern, Damselfly. I love this pattern! It's easy to sew - a big plus for me, but mine does not look like the pattern. I never know if that's good or bad, it is just the way it turns out.This is an all cloth doll pattern but I chose to use a paper clay face. I used the same fabric that's on the wings for the body but you'd never know because I wrapped threads and beads around it. There's a tiny dragonfly at the base of the tail. And black boa! If I can use a boa on some part of a doll I am happy! So, lets just pretend it's the cocoon this damselfly is emerging out of. Yeah, that'll be the story. :)  Maybe I'll change the background color.....if it's not gray - I did. :) So, i did. :) I'm feelin' the purple!


8 Comments:

At 5/22/2011 9:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Cherie!!!!!!!

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G ! ! ! I can tell you that just using your pattern as a guide causes you to OWN the pattern and boy you DO OWN this one! Your swap partner is going to be extremely pleased to have her!

AWESOME!
hugzzzzzzzzz

 
At 5/22/2011 9:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I'm back because I forgot to say how much your black boa is such a personal statement....a signature. Love Dorie's black boa!!!

hugzzzzzzzzz

 
At 5/22/2011 10:30 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

Thanks Pam! I hope I didn't step too far out o the box on this one.
And, yeah, I do love using any color of boa but black is my all time favorite. :) Loved the way it looked on your doll. :)

 
At 5/23/2011 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me - Kai - and I can't post to MY blog or comment except anonymously because Blogger's acting CRAZY! But I wanted to tell you I LOVE your damselfly so much, lil' Chirp! She's going to be the prettiest one of all, you know because she is unique & WONDERFUL. JUST. LIKE. YOU!

 
At 5/23/2011 3:22 PM , Blogger Cherie said...

Hi Kai! I'm so sorry you're having blogger trouble! Thank you for your comments. :) Happy to hear from you! You've been missed.

 
At 5/23/2011 3:53 PM , Blogger Mary Ann Tate said...

She looks wonderful. I guess I'll post my finished doll too:)

 
At 5/24/2011 6:08 AM , Blogger ruthanne said...

Love your "Damselfly", Cherie! And a black boa, what a fabulous idea.

 
At 5/24/2011 8:36 AM , Anonymous Danice said...

Cherie, this is truly beautiful! You are a real artist :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home