Pin Keeps!
I'll bet you have heard of "pin keeps" before...not me! Not til I came across a swap at Ravenwood Whinzies!
(http://ravenwoodwhimzies.blogspot.com/) Pin cushions, sure! But, never Pin Keeps. :) I joined the swap, got an awesome partner, Danice, and had a great time trying to construct a pin keep. LOL! The first thing I had to do was find a pattern....I found Trick or Tweet Pin Keep by Soft in the Head! (http://softinthehead.com/) This is a great pattern! I had a lot of fun putting it all together - and I can't always say that with something that requires sewing. :)
I used mustard yellow wool felt and green/black checked cotton fabric for the ball. Added some trims, set it in a nest and added Spanish Moss. The bird was made by using a black batik fabric for the body and a black background/gray floral print for the wings. Which really doesn't matter because for texture I laminated black lace over the fabric, obscuring the prints. :) That doesn't show up well in the photos. I added two star buttons on both wings too. I just may make another one - someday!
The Pin Keep I received from Danice is wonderful! It is a OOAK, (one of a kind), design by Danice. It is absolutely adorable! I don't think I'll be stabbing any pins in it any time soon but it will have a place with other special pieces.





7 Comments:
You MADE that BIRD????? You ARE a true lil' Chirp! It's BEAUTIFUL! Of course, the entire pinkeep is beautiful, but I am just in AWE of that birdy! For someone who says she isn't too much into sewing, you are a ROCK STAR! And I think the darling sheep pinkeep is ALSO wonderful! Great job, Danice! I'm going to check out Ravenwood Whimzies for SURE!
It turned out lovely!!!! I really like the bird/pumpkin and all the beautiful details on it...you did a great job Cherie! Your pin keep from Danice is so cute too! You two are fantastic and I am so glad you joined the swap!
Wow! Cherie I love the pinkeep! Looking forward to getting it. Thank you so much. This Swap was really fun :)
These are sooooo adorable! :D I really love the intricate details of the birdie and the "egg" hehe! If you don't like sewing all the time I must say I'm incredibly impressed! :D
It was a challenge and this pattern is great so I didn't drive myself crazy making it, lol.
I really appreciate all your comments and compliments.
Thanks so much everyone!
What a great job! This was such a fun swap to do.
Debbie K
love these
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home